Finally, Week 1 Standings
WELCOME BACK to all the GMs who have waited for this for far too long…. and welcome to Keith who has entered the pool and was baptized into the madness at the Sun Peaks Draft ’12 — You remember Keith; he was the guy who had that deer-in-the-headlights look when the draft started and he was handed multiple trade offers. Good to have you, Stoos! Best of Luck — but not really.
Cut down day will still be after week 4, That is Feb 17th. The rosters have to be cut down to 13 Active, 12 bench, and 5 prospects. And just in case you’ve forgotten about the prospects…
i. PROSPECT LIST – the prospect list may include any players who are 23 years or younger on the day they were placed on the list.
- On Cut-Down Day, each GM will designate a Prospect List of 5 players maximum
- No player may be designated as a Prospect or moved to the Prospect List after Cut-Down Day unless they are acquired through the pick-up
- Prospect List player may be activated to the Active Roster or Bench at any time. The player loses their “Prospect” designation for the remainder of the season while on an OFHL roster. If the Bench has 12 or more players, a player must be dropped to make room for the player coming from the Prospect List.
- Teams may have more than 5 prospects on their roster during the season, but must cut down to 5 by the pre-draft cut-down day.
- The Prospect List may only carry more than 5 players if another Prospect is acquired through a trade.
- At the end of each season, Prospects are placed on the regular roster.
WEEK ONE saw Orv go nuts with 81 pts and top the stats with Gojo as the only undefeated teams. Fulty had the next best week with 73 pts, yet went 2-1 as he played Orv; but the unkindest cut of all was delivered to T-Man whose 69 points gave him the 3rd best week overall, yet he played Fulty and Orv and now sports a 1-2 record and sits in 7th. So the first PICK-UP of the season will go to Stoos, who will be allowed to pick up any NHL player not currently on an OFHL team, and cut one player from his roster.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Week 1 honors are split between two old sharks — Marleau and Thornton go crazy with 13 points each. Put them together with Pavelski and they may have beaten Stoos this week!