Week 2 – This Has Never Happened Before?
Week 2 sees us experience the first ever happening of this monumental event in OFHL history! No, it’s not GoJo going undefeated after 2 weeks (happens every year), and no, it’s not Orv having the 2 best weeks in a row (that happened way back in ’01), but it’s the first time we will ever have a double pick-up in the week. The pick-up goes to the lowest point guy, but this week we see both ERTY and VINNY tied in last with 1 tie each and 63 player points – the next tie break is lowest points in the past week and they were both tied in week one, so the rules say each of them gets a pick-up. It’s first come, first served, but only until Sunday. The Battle for THE VINNY TABLE has begun!
Orv & Gojo sit up top the standings with perfect 6-0 records, and Stoos sits in the middle of the table with a .500 record. Must be because of all the good players we dropped for him.
A reminder about Cut down day
It will still be after week 4, That is Feb 17th. The rosters have to be cut down to 13 Active, 12 bench, and 5 prospects. And just in case you’ve forgotten about the prospects…
i. PROSPECT LIST – the prospect list may include any players who are 23 years or younger on the day they were placed on the list.
- On Cut-Down Day, each GM will designate a Prospect List of 5 players maximum
- No player may be designated as a Prospect or moved to the Prospect List after Cut-Down Day unless they are acquired through the pick-up
- Prospect List player may be activated to the Active Roster or Bench at any time. The player loses their “Prospect” designation for the remainder of the season while on an OFHL roster. If the Bench has 12 or more players, a player must be dropped to make room for the player coming from the Prospect List.
- Teams may have more than 5 prospects on their roster during the season, but must cut down to 5 by the pre-draft cut-down day.
- The Prospect List may only carry more than 5 players if another Prospect is acquired through a trade.
- At the end of each season, Prospects are placed on the regular roster.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
His 10 point week helped ORV go 3-0 and reach the lofty heights he hasn’t seen in awhile.
Posted on February 3, 2013, in Player of the week, weekly update and tagged cut-down day, erty, GoJo, gordie approved, orv, prospect list, Stoos, vanek, vinny, vinnytable. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.