Week 1 – Oh Yeah! It’s Real!
WEEK 1 is in the books and isn’t it nice to have a season that doesn’t involve watching hi-lites of Fehr & Bettman?
There was a trade this week – EZ trades Girgensons to ERTY for EZ’s 5th pick back in 2014….. and in related news, Joel Ward got stuck in a washroom.
Cut down day will be after week 4, That is OCTOBER 27th. The rosters have to be cut down to 13 Active, 12 bench, and 5 prospects. And just in case you’ve forgotten about the prospects…
i. PROSPECT LIST – the prospect list may include any players who are 23 years or younger on the day they were placed on the list.
- On Cut-Down Day, each GM will designate a Prospect List of 5 players maximum
- No player may be designated as a Prospect or moved to the Prospect List after Cut-Down Day unless they are acquired through the pick-up
- Prospect List player may be activated to the Active Roster or Bench at any time. The player loses their “Prospect” designation for the remainder of the season while on an OFHL roster. If the Bench has 12 or more players, a player must be dropped to make room for the player coming from the Prospect List.
- Teams may have more than 5 prospects on their roster during the season, but must cut down to 5 by the pre-draft cut-down day.
- The Prospect List may only carry more than 5 players if another Prospect is acquired through a trade.
- At the end of each season, Prospects are placed on the regular roster.
WEEK ONE saw Cordy and Mr. Whiney-Ass go 3-0. Nobody had great weeks as only 11 points separated 1st from 11th this week. The First PICK-UP of the season will go to DERKO, who will be allowed to pick what he deems the 386th best person in the NHL.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Ovie & MA Fleury may have got more points (6 each) but Evander Kane gets the first OFHL Gordie Howe Hat-trick with two goals, a helpers, and a scrap. Love that new rule.