WORLD CUP DRAFT 2014
Here are the draft selections from Wing Night Wednesday. Items of note:
- Cordy won the lottery, but chose to select 3rd, noting that the winners from the past 2 pool came from the 3rd and 4th spot; plus he also thought Germany would fall to him in that spot; plus, he had been there since 5pm and was 3 pints in already.
- Erty’s decision came down to his personal preference for Brazilians
- Vinny’s selection of Iran was the consensus “winning pick” if for nothing other than red cards.
- There is a special moment of Zen when you suddenly realize you’ve selected the top 2 seeds in the same group (Fulty & Orv)
- “France” forever known as “Cheese-eating surrender monkeys!”
- Derko’s office staff now refer to him as “Dr. Half-Pint.”
- 3 pts for a win, 2 for a red card, one for a draw and one for each goal, and motorboat rides are still not free!
Action starts June 12 with Group A match Brazil (Erty) v. Croatia (Cordy)
|4||Cameroon||Costa Rica||Honduras||S. Korea||Iran||Algeria||Nigeria||Ghana|