Week 18 – Rolphy Jumps to 3rd
- Another solid week for Rolphy and he moves into 3rd after his big week of 40 points
- JBR grabbed C.Paquette TB in week 18 and the pick-up goes to lottery again this week. A “6” is rolled which means GoJo gets the pick-up for week 19.
- Only 3 more pick ups left after the “Gordie Approved” selection
- Battle going on at the bottom between Orv & T-Man and the swapping of their 1st rounders
- Derko’s now in the last $$ spot, but EZ (aka “Bobskate”) is on his heels
This from Wyatt Arndt of The Province:
- Watching the CBC panel on Saturday nights is like being forced to spend a night with your parents.
- They make cheesy jokes.
- They try and do hip things to relate to you, like randomly fist bumping each other after passing the potato salad.
- Your crazy uncle Nick says a bunch of crazy stuff and won’t stop talking about some game he played in in 1994.
- Your other uncle Kelly talks about how in his day, he used to walk uphill to play in net, both ways.
- That weird family friend George that nobody really knows why he’s there or who he even knows in the family, talks over people all night.
- Oh yeah, almost forgot, Uncle Nick even showed embarrassing family photos of Kirk McLean, too.
- Sometimes, though, they pull out something awesome, and they deserve some credit for it.
- Case in point, they ran this neat graphic for Ryan Miller:
- Now, I’ve never been a huge fan of the floor graphics set up they have going, it’s always felt too gimmicky. It’s like wearing shorts in the winter; We get it, you want us to know what a bad ass you are, the elements mean nothing to you.
- Tonight, though, was a perfect use for it. Visually it lays out the stats in an impressive fashion. Does Kelly Hrudey need to be holding that goalie stick? Of course not, but you know how Uncle Kelly gets.
- On top of being an interesting presentation choice, it’s also a neat stat that showcases how Miller seems to get beaten from the outside easier than other starting goalies.
- Let the Canucks’ goaltending controversy begin!
Ah, how the socialist practice of the OFHL Christmas Player Exchange comes around to haunt the rich as Derko’s cast-off, Chewbacca, gets the honor for Rolphy with 9 points.