Week 20 – We’ve Got Some Races!
It’s getting tight all over the standings:
- Fulty (90 points) sits in 1st, 2 points ahead of Cordy
- Rolphy’s at 71, Derko’s at 70, Haukster’s at 69 in the fight from 3rd to 5th
- Orv and T-Man have a battle going on to finish higher than the other since they swapped 1st rounders for next year.
- But the tightest fight is for the “Puking Unicorn Tattoo” as Stifler sits .002 percentage points up on JBR in the “Battle of the Newbies.”
Cordy’s hot going 10-0-1 in the last 4 weeks, while T-Man’s also on a hot streak, going 9-2-1 in the last 4.
JBR gets the pick-up again this week. Last week he grabbed Dylan Larkin (DET)
OFHL Trading Deadline: Sunday, March 8, 12pm; one week after NHL’s which is Monday, March 2nd. (Also known as the day we all hope Darren “Sources say…” Dreger & Nik “ahhhh, ummm, ahhh….” Kypreos see their shadows.)
Trades so far this year: (not counting the Christmas Gift Exchange)
8 trades: Orv
5: Fulty, Cordy
3: Erty, GoJo, T-Man
2: eZ, Derko, Rolphy, Vinny
1: Haukster, JBR, Stifler
POTW should go to Erty’s tender Cory Schneider with 9 points,
but after watching some recent Oscar winners, the honour has to go to a hockey movie. So, the POTW goes to this guy for the best line from best hockey movie. Ever. (NSFW) sidenote: Hey Orv, NSFW is a Russian acronym which means “Play at work with your speakers at 11!”
Steve Hanson. Classic.
Another Classic, Jaromir Jagr (many time POTW) got traded this week. Panther fans were lined up to buy his Florida jersey, but neither of them knew if 68 was his number or his age. How old is Jagr?
- He was born in a country that doesn’t even exist anymore.
- Jagr’s first game: Oct. 5, 1990.
- Panthers first game: Oct. 6, 1993.
- 10 players on the current Panthers roster weren’t even born when Jagr made his NHL debut.
- Panthers have 22 games left; 6 against Jagr’s former teams.
- Jagr will be the 5th youngest resident in the retirement home Panthers are putting him up in….ok, you get the idea…he’s OFHL old!
Here’s one for Rolphy
So Clarkson and Horton get traded and everyone thinks this is such a great trade considering the circumstances….. Who made these deals anyways? Ever wonder how these clowns became GMs? So did Grantland.
So it looks like (Concussions x Ego) divided by Nepotism = #whateverwehavehere
Did you like the LA Kings jerseys from last Saturday’s Stadium Series game vs. San Jose?
Did they remind anybody of these?
“Give in to the dark side of the force, you knob.” Filmed in old Kin 3 rink in PG? Can you verify that, EZ?
Slap Shot and Strange Brew in the same post! Doesn’t get any better!
KMSH. Out. (mic drop)
Posted on March 1, 2015, in Uncategorized and tagged bruins, dreger, EZ, hanson brothers, jagr, kings, kypreos, larkin, panthers, schneider, star trek, strange brew, tattoo, unicorn. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.