Week 21 – Rosters Set For the Final Push
- First up, Congrats to GoJo on the 2nd G-kid; one up on Derko. (So I guess this would also mean Cordy is leading the Great Uncle tally with 2.)
- OFHL trading deadline passed on Sunday so rosters are set to the end of the NHL regular season.
- Best trade had to be Erty sending a message to Kadri. Miss a meeting? Go play for JBR.
- This week Cordy jumped ahead on Fulty into 1st. Fulty’s been in front since week 13.
- Rolphy starts to solidify his hold on 3rd as he runs his 4week record to 10-2 and goes 3 points up on Derko. Haukster’s holding down the 5th and final money spot.
- JBR gets the 21st and final pick-up for the season. Speaking of JBR……
” The Great McDavid Turtle Race”
- JBR and Stifler keep the turtle race alive as both go 0-3. Stifler is 0.102; JBR is 0.100.
- Stifler has 13 more player points and holds the head to head record, going 3-1-1 v. JBR (I guess that would actually be a tie-break win for JBR in this case.)
- Last place has a 22.2% chance of picking 1st overall, 2nd last has a 19.4% chance, and it appears GoJo will have a 16.6% chance.
Speaking of McDavid….
Rolphy’s Jiri Hudler CY, & Erty’s Semyon Varlamov each had 8 points, but POTW goes to one of our own.
For many of the OFHL brothers, 3 on 3 hockey wrapped up for the winter season this week, and while team Blue missed EZ who has been out since January with a broken ankle, it was great to get him back for the bronze medal game.
Just kidding, EZ’s a slow healer. Hopefully he’s ready for Thursday golf in a month or two.
TSN’s Trade Centre has been a let-down the past few years as the big deals are happening in the days leading up to it. They’ve added some entertainment value in the past years (the busker riffing Duthie’s comments to take them to commercial, llamas making predictions….)
but I think the Twitter auto-scroll is dead after this little gem….
TSN also brought us the heartwarming letter from Jordyn Leopold to the Minnesota Wild coaches, asking for them to trade for her dad, Jordan. If you don’t know the story, you can read it here.
Not to be outdone, the Maple Leafs daughters (both present and future) composed this.
FROM THE POWER RANKINGS
26. Columbus Blue Jackets (Last week: 25): The Blue Jackets clawed their way to 26-27-3 and had whimsical wild-card hopes, but they are 1-7-1 since. They also added David Clarkson, which feels like one of those late-night, drunken online purchases you regret when it arrives three days later.
29. Arizona Coyotes (Last week: 29): With zero regulation/overtime wins in their past 15 games, the Coyotes are keeping the Sabres honest.
ON THE HORIZON….
St.Paddy’s day will see the Jets don these beauties…
while their competition, the San Jose Sharks, will wear these…
Speaking of John Scott…..Canucks Dorsett tried Scott on for size.
Newest Canuck Cory Conacher literally tries Scott on for size (Scott’s helmet — when both were in
the AHL Buffalo)
Posted on March 8, 2015, in Uncategorized and tagged 3 on 3, 3rd jersey, cabbie, conacher, duthie, EZ, JBR, jets, kadri, katy perry, leafs, lupul, mcdavid, phaneuf, power rankings, sabres, scott, sharks, Stifler, trade deadline, tsn, turtle race, twitter, wild. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.