Week 18 Wrap-up
SOUNDTRACK OF THE OFHL
Derko’s choice… he’s hangin’ with the West Coast Rappers this week so it’s apropos. (look it up Orv)
Sort of “Dustin Byfuglien meets Craig Conroy….”
- There are some races heating up as the top 4 teams are within 9 points of each other
- T-Man had the big week with 46
- Vinny had 34 points but didn’t win a game; Erty had 33 points but went 3-0…. that crazy schedule!
- Cordy’s cooling off (2-4) while Fulty hasn’t lost in a month (11-0)
- Rolphy’s only lost 2 of his last 15
- Derko’s only lost 3 of his last 17
- Erty (6-0 run) jumped ahead of GoJo into 5th
- Vinny’s had a tough go lately with an 0-8 run
- Stifler gets the pick-up for week 18
- McDavid had a 5pt game. Only 78 more of those and he’ll tie Gretzky’s mark.
Some people don’t deserve a jersey
But the Kings actually do it right.
What do you think, Rogie?
GET TO KNOW ME!
Time to get to know your OFHL Franchises. This week’s spotlight…. TEAM FULTY
- 9th season of operation
- 1st season: 2007-2008 (0.398 winning %)
- Worst finish: 8th (2x) 2011 & 2013
- Best finish: 1st in 2015 (0.797 %)
- 1st ever draft pick: Jonathan Bernier LA, 5th overall 2008 draft
- 1st pick-up: Grachev NR
- 1st trade: Traded the 1st pick in the ’07 Dispersal (Zetterberg DT) to T-Man for Miller BF, O’Sullivan LA & T’s 1st rd pick (Pominville BF)
- Highest pick: 1st overall – Nugent-Hopkins ED in 2011
- Best late pick: Just ask him, he’ll tell you…
Evander Kane could have been POTW; he had a 7 point week thanks to 3 fights with Petrovic.
But it’s a newcomer, Petr Mrazek, the Red Wings ‘tender, whose 9 points helped Team TMan to the top week.
That’s it for week 18. It’s Craft Beer Festival night Saturday in Williams Lake – 18 Breweries & 55 Beers. Should be a ‘gooder!