Week 24 – I Can See Clearly Now. Sorta.
It’s not crystal clear, but things are starting to align;
- GoJo had the big week with 35, but Fulty’s 33 helped him go 3-0 and grab hold of first again
- Cordy, Derko, & Rolphy all stumbled
- Cordy got a grand total of “zero” from his goalies
- Derko still sits in 3rd, 2 points up on Rolphy
- Rolphy & Derko each lost to Fulty
- Fulty’s number to clinch is 5 – either his wins or Cordy’s losses
- EZ, T-Man and Vinny all went 3-0
- Erty, T-Man & GoJo are in a tight battle for 5th with only 5 points separating them
- JBR took the season series over Stifler 4-2
GET TO KNOW ME!
Time to get to know your OFHL Franchises. This week’s spotlight…. TEAM ORV
Orv’s favorite 90’s rock band, “King’s X” is in the spotlight this week. This goes back 25 years.
- 19th season of operation
- 1st season: 1997-98 (8th – last place – 0.278)
- Came in with expansion cousin Warren Asuchak (WAsu always considered the season a success if he finished ahead of Orv)
- Worst finish: 11th (last) 2002 – 0.346. But the next year…
- Orv became the only OFHL team to ever go “worst to first”
- Best finish: OFHL Champion (2003 – 0.810%)
- 1st selection: Yogi Svejkovsky WS – 7th overall 1997 draft
- 1st pick-up: Jason Allison BO, Nov ’97.
- 1st trade: with GoJo – Sent Svehla FL to GoJo for Emerson CR, Sheppard FL, & a 5th
- Highest pick: 2014 – Took Sam Reinhart BF 1st overall
- 1st overalls he traded away:
- 1998 – Orv traded the 1st to Rob who picked Lecavalier TB
- 2002 – Orv traded the 1st to Wendell who picked Theodore MT
- 2006 – Orv traded the 1st to Pocock who picked Kane CH
The Hockey News came out with their Future Watch edition and while they ranked the Arizona Coyotes #1 and NYR #30, here are the OFHL Grades:
Grade/ GM/ # of players in Top 75 Future/ # of U21’s already in NHL/ Total / Rank in Top 75 or U21 already in NHL
(Places and grades decided by a select group of GMs under the influence of several IPAs)
Sadly, now they’re mostly this…
POTW – Dubnyk MN gets 8 points for team GoJo
Ever wonder how big & bad the Big, Bad Bruins” really were.
That’s it, enjoy the races for places. Hey, that rhymed.
Coming up: The Penultimate Week