Week 25 – The Penultimate Week
(that’s the one before the Ultimate)
“The White Buffalo” is up this week. Coincidentally, that’s what the little Mexicans were calling me on the beaches last vacation.
The video is actually footage of Rolphy dancing at the cowboy/biker bar in Phoenix a few years back.
- Fulty shows the way with a 44 point week; goes 3-0
- Holds on to his 2 point lead over Cordy who also went 3-0
- Only fitting that Fulty and Cordy go head-to-head this week
- Fulty also plays S & G; Cordy plays R & Z
- Rolphy rolls on and jumps ahead of Derko into 3rd
- Rolphy had a 10-1-1 month
- T-Man’s 40 points only good for a 1-2 week
- Haukster jumps past eZ; EZ won’t slide much lower unless Vinny packs it in
- Orv has had a disappointing month with a 3-9-0 run, but JBR went full “Thomas the tank” with a 1-11-0 month
Final week coming up. Your Sunday nights will finally be free for family again.
For those of you who were able to attend Horty’s Friday this past week, you were witness to a discussion on how to add some life to the regular season (and if you stayed later, you witnessed some first class sh*t slinging between two GMs – sorry you had to see that GoJo & ertz, but when a guy starts off with “F* You!” ya gotta represent.)
Anyways, kmsh proposed a playoff structure and we discussed merits/problems/changes about it. Here is the Playoff Proposal. Peruse it, and feel free to add your comments/questions on the board. (already one modification – GoJo suggested winner of level 3 playoff gets an end-of-2nd-round pick instead of 1st round.) That’s no April Fools joke either – in case some were wondering.
Speaking of April Fools, potential new GM Chad Matthies showed up at Horty’s Friday and told us that Virtanen and McCann had been returned to their junior teams. We all bit. But so did Chad. Could be good having another gullible GM in the pool. Speaking of April Fools….
- Devils announce name and uniform change
GET TO KNOW ME!
Time to get to know your OFHL Franchises. This week’s spotlight…. TEAM CORDY
- 24th season of operation (last of the “Original 5”)
- 1st season: 1992-3 (1st place – total points)
- First player selected: Kevin Stevens PT (4th overall) – selected Gretzky in later round. Convinced a fellow GM to take Wayne Grotski in an earlier round so other believed the “Great One” had already been selected)
- Championship seasons: ’93, ’94, ’97, ’98, ’00, ’01, ’04, ’08, ’12
- Best winning percentage: 0.827 – 2001
- Worst finish: 10th (of 11) 2010 – 0.370
- 1st “recorded” trade: Sent Iginla CY to Rob for Bonk OT & Koivu MT (Oct ’96) (Traded away 17 players that year – unlimited rosters)
- 1st pick-up: Olaf Kolzig WS (Jan ’98)
- Highest pick:
- 2000 – Brian Boucher PH 1st overall
- 2006 – Phil Kessel BO 1st overall
- 2010 – Taylor Hall ED 1st overall
- Derko Cup Wins: 7
The “Hair that talks” weighed in on the NHL recently.
Burnsy again gets POTW honours with 8 points, but this time he has to share with Artemi Panarin, GoJo’s astute 1st round selection this past draft.
No matter the final outcomes, it’s been a great season boys. Thanks to Fulty & Erty for all their efforts this season.
Keep the last weekend of September open for OFHL Draft ’16.
Posted on April 3, 2016, in Uncategorized and tagged april fools, Brent Burns, devils, gretzky, jersey foul, panarin, playoffs, rolphy, the white buffalo, thomas the tank, trump. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.