Week 1 – What a Start!
THE WEEKLY RANT
Great time of the year: Hockey starts, football in full swing, Baseball games are meaningful, and the American political situation is providing more comedy than a full season of Saturday Night Live.
- In the OFHL, Goal scoring is up, Rookies are taking over, and the OFHL welcomed their first couple. Welcome to the fire Ren & Stimpy.
- Week One begins with a shorty, and 3 ties as there wasn’t a big spread. Parity?
- Vinny took the big week with 32 points, and while the talk was all Matthews, it was Cam Fowler AH who was his big point guy with 5 pts.
- Vinny, Fulty, & JBR were a perfect 3-0
- Stifler didn’t have a great week but is undefeated at 2-0-1
- ORV had the stinker of a week with 14 pts, but gets to make the first pick-up of the season.
- The Rookies have been great. Pull-your-RV scores in his first game, as does Laine, Tkachuk runs amuck, and Vinny’s 1st overall pick was pretty good too. How important was it that Auston Matthews save hockey in Toronto? Just watch…
- Thanks to Erty for getting Office Pools up and running for another year. The pool is called “OFHL” for the 2016/17 season, password is….
The Blackhawks were at the Cubs-Dodgers game Sunday night. Got to meet Andre “Hawk” Dawson, and even sang “Take me out to the Ball Game” at the 7th inning stretch. If you are a fan of hockey players singing terribly, google it. But remember, you’ve been warned.
The Penguins vistited the black guy in the White House recently. They honored him with a jersey. It had number 44 on the back.
They told him it was because he was the 44th President of the USA, but secretly Barack knew it was because his favorite player was former Pen Rob Brown, he of a still-WHL-record 212 points in the 1986-87 season and 115 points two years later when he played on the same line as one Mario Lemieux.
Keeping with the Pens….Just when you thought it was all in the past, this is just depressing:
Crosby has been diagnosed with another concussion and there is no timetable for his return.
Crosby has missed more than 100 games to concussions in his career, and you have to wonder where that tally will be after 2016-17.
Every GM will have to cut their rosters to 30 players on Nov 6, which will be the end of wk 4. At that point you’ll have:
- 13 in your lineup for that week
- 12 on the bench
- 5 on the prospect list (check the rules for their eligibility)
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
POTW for week 1 goes to….
Just kidding. Marchand and McDavid each got 6 points, but POTW for week one goes to the new guys. Ren & Stimpy’s 6 point effort from Paul Stastny gets the nod.
Bring on week 2!
Posted on October 16, 2016, in Uncategorized and tagged conspiracy, crosby, gummyboobs, laine, lemieux, marchand, matthews, mcdavid, obama, onion, penguins, puljujarvi, rob brown, stanley park, stastny, sully. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.