Week 2 – Oui R Awl Kanukz!
THE WEEKLY RANT
Fulty accosted me in the liquor store Friday, pointed to the logo on his hat, and said the page better show some love for the hottest team in the NHL. Not sure this is what he had in mind.
Anyways, it’s about time we see some Canadian teams up top the standings. Hopefully there are a few of them playing in April/May/June.
In the OFHL this week:
- Haukster & Fulty tie for the big week with 40 points
- Fulty & Vinny are still perfect with 6-0 records
- Stifler had the stinky week with 19 points
- Ren & Stimpy have wins in both weeks
- Orv had the first pick up of the year and grabbed red-hot Richard Panik of CH. F
- The Week 2 pick-up goes to Orv again. Rumor is that with Jon Quick out for a while, LA Kings might be dressing their goalie coach Bill Ranford. A better pick-up option than Kings back-ups Budaj or Zatkoff?
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
POTW honors could have gone to PK for showing up to his home opener in this…
Three players tied with 8 points for the most this week: JBR’s Cam Talbot EDM, Rolphy’s Brent Burns SJ, & Haukster’s Mike Green DT.
But POTW has gotta go to the ageless Jaromir Jagr. The 44-year-old scored his 750th goal in the NHL on Thursday, becoming only the third playing in history to hit the mark, joining Wayne Gretzky (894) and Gordie Howe (801). Had Jagr not left for the KHL in 2008, playing three seasons in Russia, he’d have passed Howe by now.
1990! The year Brett Hull scored 72, Gretzky had 102 assists, The Simpsons began, and Vanilla Ice & MC Hammer were rockin’ your Walkmans.
from the rolphyfiles
When Nic Dowd of the Kings got 2 points against the ‘nucks on Saturday night, The Score app recorded him as “N. Dowd” which we all imagined was his pornstar name. Ranks right up there with other NHLers, Hakan Loob, Randy Wood, & Ron Tugnutt. Then there’s baseball’s Randy Johnson, NASCAR’s Dick Trickle, football’s Dick Butkus, and even Canada’s IOC rep, Dick Pound. C’mon parents! Think about the name.
The Oilers & Jets met in the Heritage Classic on Sunday. “Classic” because it wasn’t -35 outside.
Also in Winnipeg… Patrick Laine was asked if he can keep up his goal-a-game pace and pass his idol, Teemu Selanne, who scored 76 goals in his rookie season…”What was Teemu’s rookie record again? Ok. No problem. So, I can have six off-games.”
In Real Estate News…
T-Man recently had the reality check of selling his home in the Cariboo and purchasing in the megatropolis of Abbotsford. And while that’s a step up in house prices, it’s nothing like Vancouver proper. The Province like to compare the house prices of various celebrity homes to the YVR market. They recently gave this comparison:
Want to buy a house in Vancouver? This modest little Dunbar area gem will put you back about 5 Million. But it has a new roof and fruit trees.
Or, for roughly the same dollar you can grab one of Frank Sinatra’s old haunts just outside Palm Springs. It only has nine bedrooms and 13 bathrooms, and is on just seven-and-a-half acres, but it’s still pretty cool, and is on top of a mountain. Check it:
Best Seat in the Dog House – The Preds opened up against the Hawks last Friday and it was the kind of game that kept fans begging for more. Or begging for treats. Or for squeaky toys. At least in one case.
Jersey Fouls – A junior hockey team in Trenton, Ontario wore these Harambe themed jerseys this week…..
TRUMP FACT CHECKER
Seeing as the US Election is only days away, It’s time to expose some of Trump’s claims:
- Ukraine was not Frasier’s brother on the show “Frasier.”
- Game of Thrones is not an adult version of musical chairs.
- Jackson Browne is only one person.
- Malaysia is not the female version of Asia.
- Pop tarts do not cause ‘splosions.
- Boeing is a company, not a sound effect
- Jersey Governor Chris Christie was never in the show “Three’s Company.”
- Garfunkel is not Garfield’s black cousin.
CUT-DOWN DAY COMING
Every GM will have to cut their rosters to 30 players on Nov 6, which will be the end of wk 4. At that point you’ll have:
- 13 in your lineup for that week
- 12 on the bench
- 5 on the prospect list (check the rules for their eligibility)
Getting Ready for Halloween?
That’s it. GO CUBS!
Posted on October 23, 2016, in Uncategorized and tagged Brent Burns, byfuglien, canucks, coaches, jagr, jersey foul, karlsson, laine, mcdavid, Mike Green, nugent-hopkins, predators, rolphy files, simpsons, subban, talbot, trump. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.