Week 4 – Cut Down Day
The Indians currently have the longest streak in baseball at 68 years. During that stretch they’ve been to the World Series 4 times. The longest drought overall now belongs to the NFL’s Arizona Cardinals at 69 years.
Orv holds the OFHL record at 17 years – if only he could shake the Curse of T-Man calling him a “One-Hit Wonder.”
THE WEEKLY RANT
- It’s cut-down day. Each team should be down to 30 players (13 on your active roster, 12 on the bench, 5 on the prospect list)
- You can activate the prospects to your roster but you must have room (might have to cut a guy)
- You can go over 5 prospects if you acquire one by trade.
- Once a prospect is moved off the list he can’t be a prospect again for the rest of the year.
- How the mighty have fallen! Vinny goes from the perfect week to the stinky week with 15 points.
- Cordy had the big week with 50 points
- Fulty’s on top. Cordy & Vinny are 2 back. Rolphy is 3 back.
- Orv is the bottom-feeder for the 4th straight week so the pick-up goes to a lottery again.
- Orv gets 1,2,3. R&S get 4,5. Stifler gets 6. And it’s a “1” that is rolled so Orvy gets the week 4 pick-up
- The Wk 3 pick-up saw R&S take Anthony Beauvillier from the NYI and drop Jimmy “Purple” Hayes.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
POTW is shared between T-Man’s King Henrik NYR and Cordy’s Crawford CH who earnd garnered 8 points. Also grabbing the emotional POTW is Cubs designated super-fan, Bill Murray for his World Series antics.
The Province explains why Tryamkin doesn’t want to be sent to the AHL – the busses have no leg room! He’s been talked to by management but those Ruskies are funny. How do you explain this? The Canucks lose back-to-back games against the Oilers and Capitals. Those clubs, as is their prerogative, gloat about their wins on their Instagram accounts. And Tryamkin “likes” both.
Obviously he’s new to Instagram and just “Likes” everything…
Habs lose 10-0 to Columbus Fun Facts:
- Canadiens haven`t been shutout 10-0 or worse since Jan. 4, 1942 (lost 10-0 to Red Wings)
- Funny what a single game can do: Al Montoya’s statistics entering 10-0 loss: 1.47 GAA, .955 SV%. After: 3.15 GAA, .908 SV%.
- Al Montoya and Sergei Bobrovsky each made 30 saves in that game. Bobrovsky’s team won 10-0.
Valeri Nichushkin, who has 22 penalty minutes in 166 career NHL games, is playing in the KHL this year. He just took on 6-4, 254-pound goon Evgeny Artyukhin in a fight. Not a bad effort. Shame about the uppercut. Sorry EZ. No points for you.
More Boring Sean Monahan Tweets
|Chad & Stimpy||12||2||9||1||5||17||65||16.3||0.208|
Posted on November 6, 2016, in Uncategorized and tagged bill murray, blue jackets, caddyshack, canadiens, cubs, curse, EZ, jersey foul, khl, monahan, one-hit wonder, orv, Ren & Stimpy, tryamkin, world series. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.