Week 5 – Remembering a Crazy Week
From Drama Teachers to Reality TV stars, the world is changing into something I know not…… at least whisky stays the same.
THE WEEK IN BULLETS
- Big week for Haukster with 41
- 3-0 weeks for Haukster, Derko, Erty, & Cordy
- Vinny had the 5th best points, yet went 0-3. Damn schedule-maker!
- Orv had the 3rd worst week yet went 2-1
- Cordy takes over 1st, Fulty falls to 3rd
- Big movers: Rolphy’s up 2 spots to 2nd; Haukster is up 2 spots to 7th.
- Log jam at 3rd as Fulty, Erty, & Derko are all 10-5
- Sinkers: Vinny drops from 3rd to 6th
- Orv crawls out of the basement so R&S get the pick-up for this week
- Orv grabbed March Assault (sp?) from FL with last week’s pick-up.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Rask BO helped Haukster to his big week as he snagged 12 points.
The kmsh’s son was the in-game entertainment at the recent Vancouver Giants – Kelowna Rockets game in Langley. Kid thinks on his feet (unlike his old man) and only lost by one goal.
That reminded T-Man of this recent U of Michigan between-period entertainment with their Alumni.
If you don’t remember who Mike Legg is, Google his U of M goal.
from the galleries of the t-man files
The Cut-down day was seamless and everybody got their list of prospects right. The Hockey News put together their own list of the top prospects. Here’s their top 10:
- McDavid ED – JBR
- Matthews TO – Vinny
- Ekblad FL – T-Man
- Eichel BF – Stifler
- MacKinnon COL – Derko
- Laine WP – Stifler
- Barkov FL – Rolphy
- Puljujarvi ED – JBR
- Strome AZ – Orv
- Larkin DT – JBR
JBR & Stifler are each putting together a nice stable of studs.
Here is how many of the Top 100 each GM has:
- 8 for JBR
- 7 each for Haukster, Derko, & Rolphy
- 6 for Vinny, Fulty, & Orv
- 5 for Stifler, T-Man Erty, & Ren&Stimpy
- 4 for EZ & Cordy
- 1 for GoJo (Bjorkstrand ranked #70)
Bjork or Bjorkstrand? Either way, GoJo’s prospects aren’t great.
In this week of Remembrance for those that have gone, it’s only fitting that the OFHL remember those we’ve lost; namely, The Goons. And watching Max Domi one-punch Kesler did the heart good. So, in memory of Tie, and with stats from dropyourgloves.com, here goes:
The Most Fights in the NHL:
|2||Dave “Tiger” Williams||330|
Best Winning %
|Tom Rennie & Stimpie||15||2||12||1||5||11||76||15.2||0.167|
Somebody is having a birthday this coming week…..
Happy 65th GoJo! Good to see you can still triple-fist your drinks. Or do I see a fourth on the go?
Posted on November 13, 2016, in Uncategorized and tagged bjorkstrand, domi, GoJo, goons, haukster, hockey news, JBR, michigan, prospects, shoot-out, Stifler, T-Man files, turco, tuukka rask, whl. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.