Week 6 – Stranger Things
Here we go……
THE WEEK IN BULLETS
- That bizarre & peculiar photo of MJ, Super Mario, & The Steamer is not the only strange thing this week……
- ORV had the big week with 35 points
- Rolphy & GoJo also went 3-0
- GoJo moves back above .500
- Snakes & Ladders: Orv up 3 places to 10th; JBR & Derko drop 2 places,
- Who’s Hot? Cordy & Rolphy have a 0.833 winning % this month; Erty’s close with .792
- Who’s not? R&S are winless in the past 4 weeks
- T-Man’s team was 2nd with 32 pts &pulled off a total team effort: no zero-pointers and no one with more than 4 points
- R&S grabbed Brady Skjei NYR d-man/rookie with their pick-up
- They get the pick-up again for this week as low team
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Backstrom WS got 8 points for Cordy, so did one of ORV’s guys. See if you can guess who it was…
He belongs to a group of only 4 NHL goalies who, as rookies, led their teams to Stanley Cups – It can’t be Roy or Dryden, and good guess if you thought of Marty Murray….
Give up? Click here
He would have been a great option for POTW…
Or it should have been Marian Hossa who quietly passed Jean Beliveau and moved up to 40th place in NHL goals scored with his 508th. Next up? Gilbert Perreault at 512.
But this week’s POTW award goes to Al Montoya. He’s had enough of your sh*t!
GREY CUP coming up Nov 27th at BMO Field in T.O. – Who’s hosting? Any fans of the Calgary Stampeders or the Ottawa Rod Blacks?
Speaking of the CFL…. Old enough to remember these from the Dairy Queen?
Jason Botchford (AKA “Tony Gallagher’s Spawn”) presents the Canucks Stat of the Week
“Since start of 15-16 season, percentage of games won when leading after 2 periods:
- 28th Detroit at 69.4%
- 29th Toronto at 69.0%
- 30th Vancouver at 61.3%
But fear not, things are looking up. Just ask Benning.
Saturday night vs. Chicago. That was fun.” Botchford
The name of the newest franchise in the NHL, The LAS VEGAS something something… will be announced this week. Vegas odds are highest on Silver Knights. (Yawn.) Next up…
Canadian comedy maven Janet Wright passed away last week at 71 yrs. Best known as “Emma” from Corner Gas, she was as witty as she was sarcastic. Witness this exchange with her amusingly annoying husband, Oscar…
Oscar: I didn’t know whether to tell you this or not, but someone in town has a crush on me.
Emma: A crush…on you? You couldn’t get a dog to lick you if you were covered in gravy.
Oscar: What the hell are you talking about? Dogs lick me all the time.
Emma: So who’s got a crush on you? Is Helen Keller back in town?
She will be missed.
Posted on November 20, 2016, in Uncategorized and tagged backstrom, beliveau, botchford, cfl, corner gas, dairy queen, grey cup, hossa, las vegas, lemieux, michael jackson, montoya, nordiques, rod black, smyl, ward. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.