Week 8 – Coach Category Coming?
So……as for GoJo’s coaching proposal… it just got to be a lot more interesting and enticing proposition after the Panthers surprise firing of Gerard Gallant this week. Imagine how the non-traders would react to that. And, in case you forgot, we did vote to bring in a coaches category (VI e. Starting in 2017-18, a COACH category will be implemented. Point values to be determined.)
THE WEEK IN BULLETS
- The Best: Vinny has a huge week with 43 points
- 3-0: Vinny goes 3-0, as do Cordy, Derko, & EZ
- Team Effort: Everyone on team Vinny contributed at least 2 points
- Movers: Derko jumps up 2 places to 5th; JBR up 2 places to 10th
- Trade: Orv traded Okposo BF to Cordy for Lindell DL & Rolphy’s 2nd in ’17
- Pick-up: R&S used their pick up to grab another Ryan this week. Ryan Sproul of DET – dropped poor Erik Johnson (lost a season due to golf cart injury in 2009) and recently blocked a shot with his tibia. OUCH.
- Next pick-up: goes to a lottery with R&S getting 1,2,3, Stifler has 4 & 5, Orv has 6. And it’s a “4” so STIFLER gets the next pick-up.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Kevin Shatten”pants” STL had a 7 point week for Derko, but Chad Johnson got 8 points for Vinny. Not bad for a “back-up” goalie (or a retired NFL wide receiver.)
Vinny plans to honor “Ocho Cinco” by now referring to Calgary’s Chad Johnson as “Trente et Un.”
Jersey Fouls – They just keep coming.
And now we even have Pad Fouls.
The key word is tasteful. That’s the thought that comes to mind seeing the pads of this young goaltender. Over the summer, Devils netminder Keith Kinkaid held a contest for fans to design his pads for the 2016-17 NHL season. There were a number of entries, including one from Devils’ center Adam Henrique that featured Stephen Gionta in the timeless art of seduction pose, as best displayed by George Costanza of “Seinfeld” in “The Package” episode.
Orv & Cordy show how you finish off a team with a 2 on 0 empty-netter….d’oh!
Late Breaking News
Carlyle: Gibson unable to relieve Bernier vs. Flames due to diarrhea
Had Gibson been available, Bernier would have been yanked at the 12:55 mark of the second period.
Perhaps this will make Bernier’s .680 save percentage on the night a bit easier to stomach.