Week 9 – Baby, It’s Cold Outside!
Thought we’d start off with a Christmas Carol courtesy of Facebook profiles:
Good News: Craig Cunningham is getting better
THE WEEK IN BULLETS
- Lots of goals, shut-outs, and fights this week so point totals were high.
- EZ led the way with 47 points and is now on a 6-0 run
- EZ had four players register at least 6 points.
- T-Man and Cordy had the 2nd best weeks with 42 points and both went 3-0
- Derko had the 3rd best week with 39 points, yet went 1-2; Orv had the 2nd worst week with 24 points and also went 1-2
- Haukster is on a 12-3 run; Vinny is on a 9-3 run; Cordy’s on a 9-0 run.
- T-Man and Haukster each moved up one spot in this weeks standings
- Lots of injuries as well: GoJo & Orv each had two red + signs
- Ren & Stimpy record their first win in 7 weeks
- Pick-up for this week goes to a lottery again: R&S get 1-3, Stif gets 4 & %, and Orv gets 6….. and it is a “4” meaning Stifler gets the pick-up again this week.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Lots of big weeks; Voracek (Derko) & Karlsson (Cordy) led the way with 9 points each, Holtby (Rolphy) had 8, and Hamilton (T-Man) and Darling (R&S) each had 7…..but the POTW has to go to Shayne Gostisbehere. Anybody who gets a beer named after them is POTW hands-down!
It’s out of Conshohocken Brewing in Pennsylvania. Road Trip, Erty?
NHL Droughts – Quick look at some NHL droughts…
SOME OFHL DROUGHTS OF NOTE:
- Active OFHL Cup drought: 12 years – VINNY
- Active OFHL being in the money drought: 12 years – VINNY
- Longest time since he had his own 1st round pick: 6 years – T-MAN
- Longest time since he’s locked himself in a bathroom at the draft: Never – Every GM except for DERKO
- Longest time since he’s fallen down stairs at the draft: Never – Every GM except for ORV
It’s slow to start, but once it gets going these minor leaguers toss’em….
Hi- Fives! Ahh, Goons. Man, I miss those guys. And kudos to the linesmen for letting them go. The NHL’s Concussion Protocol is just one more nail in the coffin for fighting.
Remember, Dec 24th is the OFHL Breakfast Banquet, 10:30 @ Denny’s. Bring a player to swap for the Christmas Gift Exchange. Here is last year’s player swap:
|CORDY||trades||Clendening PT||for||Wilson NS|
|ROLPHY||Gagner PH||Jarnkrok NS|
|EZ||u-Miller VN||v-M.Smith AZ|
|TMAN||v-M.Smith AZ||C.Smith NS|
|VINNY||Scrivens MT||Gagner PH|
|ERTY||Semin CR||Scrivens MT|
|GOJO||Wilson NS||Clendening PT|
|ORV||Jarnkrok NS||Semin CR|
|STIFLER||Methot OT||u-Miller VN|
|JBR||C.Smith NS||Methot OT|
Who knows? You could end up with Brent Burns.
That’s it boys. Have a good week and keep warm.
Posted on December 11, 2016, in Uncategorized and tagged beer, Brent Burns, christmas, cunningham, Denny's, droughts, fights, goons, gostisbehere, kangaroo, Marleau, sharks, stanley cup. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.