Week 12 – Happy New Year
NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION
This year, resolve to learn a new skill….
Or to not do such a crappy job of managing your team. No names mentioned….
THE WEEK IN BULLETS
- EZ had another hot week from his 2 goalies and led the way with 41 points
- Vinny was second with 40 points, despite having a grand total of zero points from his two goalies.
- 3-0 weeks from Derko, Cordy, Fulty, Vinny, & EZ.
- Fulty jumps up 1 spot to 2nd place
- EZ jumps up 2 spots to 2nd place
- Pick up: “1” was rolled so it’s back to R&S for the week 12 pick up
- With week 12 complete, we have officially hit the half-way mark of the season. How’s the Napkin’s prediction looking?
6-WAY TIE FOR PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Gibson AH, Bobrovsky CBJ, Kesler AH, Matthews TO, Spurgeon MN, Mantha DT…..Six players tied with 6 points. so
The Leafs/Wings alumni game had a touch of old time hockey between two former POTW, Gary Roberts & Kris Draper.
Imagine the conversation went a little something like this:
ROBERTS: “I just wanted to let you know that with some changes in your diet and a new training program I could get you into better shape in just…”
DRAPER: “FOUR rings, old man! FOUR!”
But it should probably go to Jorge Alves, Caro’s Equipment Manager who got in a game for 7.6 seconds this week.
Republican lawmakers in Washington state have introduced a bill that, if passed, will allow your fellow fans at CenturyLink Field and Safeco Field to bring guns into the stadium with them.
NHL Writer Dave Lozo discusses NHL Concussion Protocol:
“NHL Concussion spotters are to look for these symptoms: motionlessness, dizziness, blank stare or vacant look…. no, wait, that’s the re-cap of the blind date I went on last night.”
BAD HOCKEY CARDS
STANDINGS for WEEK 12
Dec 30 marked thirty years since the Swift Current Broncos bus went off an icy highway, killing four players. A monument was erected Friday at the exact spot of the crash. Click photo to read story.
So here’s what puckdaddy thinks will be the new trends for the new year.
That’s a wrap on 2016. All the best to you and yours for 2017.