Week 14 – Dam Burst of Trades
Happy Belated Birthday to Ren & his twin Simon le Bon of Duran Duran fame.
THE WEEK IN BULLETS
- Big trades this week: (what got into Orv & R&S?)
- DERKO sent Denis Gurianov DL and Julian Gauthier CR to R&S for T’s 3rd rounder ’17
- R&S then packaged Gauthier & the pick up & sent it to Orv for Charlie McAvoy BO
- TMAN sent boring Sean Monahan CY to Orv for Mika Zibanejad NYR
- CORDY sent Thomas Chabot OT to Orv for Matt Duchene CO
- R&S traded Thomas Vanek DT to EZ for David Backes BO & EZ’s 2017 5th
- 3-0 weeks for Rolphy, Cordy, T-Man & Stifler.
- Not only did he get his first 3-0 week, but Stifler had contributions from every player on his roster. The 5-Year Plan is starting to show dividends.
- GoJo had the 4th best week with 36 pts, but went 1-2
- Vinny had the 4th worst with 26, yet went 2-0-1
- T-Man jumped up one spot to 9th
- Stifler jumped up one spot to 12th
- The pick-up is a lottery again ….. and again it’s a “1” meaning its R& S’s….again
- HUGE week for Rolphy as he hits 51 points. (and he did it with his “ass in the sand.”)
Rolphy is showing to be the “Cream of the Crop” lately … whenever I hear that phrase I can’t help but think of the Macho Man
“Hey, I going to use a creamer in my next interview. Pretty cool idea, right?”
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Rolphy had two players with 7 pts, and 2 with 8 points to pace him to his 51 points, and it could go to Backstrom WS who had 10 for Cordy….
but it goes to #22 Hayley Wickenheiser
HOCKEY CARD(s) OF THE WEEK
This from the 1985-86 season. Sportsnet’s goaltending expert posted a solid .843 save % with the Canucks.
That’s it. Have a great week…
and BTW, it was Steve Weeks. Not Kevin. It was just a dark photo.