Week 15 – Coach Category confirmed for 2017-18
Just as 1980’s US President Ronald Reagan was known for his “Reaganomics,” Donald J. Trump has quickly become known for his “Trumpamatics.” It’s a form of mathematics that seems to have quickly caught on with Americans, as evidenced by the Dallas Stars scoreboard last night.
Coach Category voting is complete. Thanks for all of your responses. Here is a breakdown of the questions asked:
- Point Value? It will be 1.5 points per win. 43% of you voted for 1.5. (not a majority, but it was the favorite option)
- Weekly Interchangeable? Yes. 86% in favour.
- Add a roster spot to the Bench? Yes. 86%
- Trade-able? Yes. 86%
- UFA status? Yes. 79%
Other items to arise from the vote:
- Coach category is a poopy idea.
- Are we going to draft more players/coaches on draft day?
- Does this mean we are only going to drop one player at cut-down day?
- Trade-able? That’s stupid. This is supposed to reflect the NHL. How many NHL coaches get traded?
- Coaches should be UFAs at age 55.
- One GM voted under the influence of Tequila
- The kmsh is a communist for hiding the results. He will just release what he wants to further his twisted agenda.
THE WEEK IN BULLETS
- Big week to Derko with 48
- He goes 3-0, as do Rolphy & Cordy
- Only T-Man moves up this week as he jumps into 8th.
- There’s only one point between T-Man and EZ now. It makes the “Yakapov Gamble” all the more compelling. (check T-man & Cordy’s Oct 8th trade for reference)
- Fulty used his 3rd rounder to grab last week’s pick-up from R&S. He grabbed Jake Guentzel from PT
- It’s another lottery….. a “3” is rolled and it goes to R&S again
- Only 6 more pick-ups left
- OFHL trade deadline is the Sunday after the NHL’s (which is mid-week this year for some reason)
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Could have been Nino Niederreiter, just don’t check out his hockeydb site.
The POTW is shared by two goalies. Thomas Greiss NYI for Team Stifler, and Mike Condon OT for Team R&S each had 9 points. Well done, newbies.
HOCKEY CARD OF THE WEEK
Farmer-boy had WHL seasons of 124 & 138 points with the Spokane Chiefs, went 2nd overall in 1991, had a 59 point rookie season with the Sharks, and it was all downhill after that.
The 1991 draft saw Lindros go #1, Scott Niedermayer go #3, Forsberg go #6, Naslund #16. None of them are farming today.
Of Valeri, Vladimir, & Pavel, which one has their name on the Stanley Cup?
Check out his story on HOMETOWN HOCKEY
This might be one of us next year if Torts is our Coach Category stud.
Gotta love Chewbacca & Jumbo
That’s it. Short week.
Enjoy Ignore the All-Star Weekend. Spend time with your family.
Posted on January 22, 2017, in Uncategorized and tagged arabs, beards, Brent Burns, bure, coaches, condon, cougar life, falloon, greiss, hometown hockey, niederreiter, sabres, sharks, stars, thornton, tortorella, trump, vinnyfiles. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.