Week 16 – All Star Weekend
Starting off with some All-Star signs from the Trump protests…
Some All-Star moves with Jori Lehtera’s trick shot from the KHL All-Star game back a few years.
THE WEEK IN BULLETS
- Even though it was a short one, Rolphy had a crazy week with 34 points
- He had more points (12) after Monday night than “somebody” did all week
- 3-0 weeks also went to T-Man, Erty, Haukster, & JBR
- Lots of movers as Haukster & T-Man each jumped up 2 spots
- Derko & JBR jumped up one spot
- Rolphy is on a 12-0 run, 17-1 in past 6 weeks
- T-Man is on an 11-1 run (and is now winning the Yakupov Derby)
- Pick-up is a lottery again this week. R&S have 123, Stif has 45, JBR has 6.
- A “6” was rolled so the pick-up for this week goes to JBR. Have until Feb 5th to make/trade the pick.
- Some trades of note:
- Derko trades Kopitar LA and a 5th to Fulty for Rinne NS and Pavelski SJ
- Rolphy trades his 4th in’17 (from T-man) to Gojo for E. Staal MN
- Vinny trades his 5th in ’17 to Fulty for Luongo FL
- We just finished week 16; there are 24 weeks in the season, therefore we are at the two-thirds mark
- 5 more pick up weeks
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
It’s another goalie as Rolphy’s Andersen didn’t get scored on this week.
HOCKEY CARD OF THE WEEK
“Anybody got a better photo of Farrish or Toporowski? No? These will have to do.”
You’d think they could get a better pic of the guy, he did make it into 400+ NHL games. Now an Assistant Coach in Colorado.
Toporowski was drafted by the Sharks, but that’s as close as he got. 505 PIMS in Spokane back in 1991. Now a retirement advisor in Iowa. His son Luke went 9th overall in the WHL Bantam draft last May. He was selected by…. Spokane. Life is funny.
Superbowl’s next weekend…
Babcock delivered answer of the night when asked if he thought all these back-to-backs were tough on his young players:
Not watching the all-star game since that’s 3 hours of your life you’ll never get back? Read this instead.
Started with a trick shot, may as well end with one.
That’s it. And did you notice that the POTW picture wasn’t of Andersen but of Bernier and Reimer? If you did, you are either Rolphy or a savant.
Posted on January 27, 2017, in Uncategorized and tagged andersen, babcock, bernier, brady, holmgren, maple leafs, reimer, roethlisberger, rolphy, signs, superbowl, throwback thursday, trump. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.