Week 21 – Deadline Day
Trade Deadline Deals
TSN Deadline Day was pretty much a bust, but in the early hours of Sunday morning, a major trade did take place. Orv traded Max Domi AZ and the pick up to R&S for Rolphy’s 1st, Jordan Greenway MN, R&S 5th, and Andrew Shaw MT. Here’s an insight to the anatomy of an OFHL Deadline Day trade…Plus some other ramblings which make this NSFW
Love how he asks for a 2nd, then immediately gets excited about them having EZ’s 5th. And that solidified things.
Consider this… that hand he used to shake for the confirmation of the deal, was the same one that he had deep in his pants at the beginning of the first video…. just sayin’
TSN Deadline Day wasn’t a complete bust. Bryzgalov was given a microphone and came up with these gems:
- “When I hear my voice, it sounds disgusting.” —upon listening to playback from his first segment
- “Because they know I will become a starter.” – on why no NHL GM is giving him a shot to play backup
- “Guys! Breaking news! Orlando Bloom and Katy Perry broke up.”
- “Guys! A question! Is chicken meat? Or is it a bird?”
- “Good for him. Lots of sun. Ocean. Play the beach ball with Jaromir Jagr.” — on Thomas Vanek’s trade to Florida
- “My name is Ilya Bryzgalov. I’m your new leader. Let’s go.” — on how he introduced himself to his new teammates
- “I’m an old-school guy. I believe in oil and gas. I don’t want to save money. I want to spend money. More money I spend, better for the economy.”
- “He going to continue riding his horses and enjoying his farm. Catch the scorpion and train the rattlesnake.” – on Shane Doan still untraded at 3 p.m.
- “Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. I don’t have contract. I’m here as guest.” — upon learning that Sportsnet’s broadcast goes until 6 p.m.
THE WEEK IN BULLETS
- Big week to Cordy with 44 points
- He and Erty went 3-0
- Rolphy went 2-1 and fell 7 points behind Cordy for 1st
- Haukster had 10 points on Sunday to pass Rolphy and stop his run of 3 perfect weeks
- T-Man strengthened his hold on the last $ spot moving 6 points up on Vinny
- eZ jumped up one spot to 7th
- Orv traded his pick-up to R&S who grabbed Philippe Myers from the Q.
- This is the last pick up of the year. R&S get 123, JBR gets 45, Orv gets 6…… and it’s a “5” so JBR gets to make the last pick-up of the season.
- Three weeks remaining in the regular season and then the 2 weeks of playoffs.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
With Bryzgalov in the spotlight it’s not surprising that the POTWs are Russian, and one’s even a goalie.
The honour should go to Kucherov from Team Erty & EZ’s Bobrovsky who each hit 9 points, but Donny McLeod’s hockey card trumps them all.
Keeping with the ‘tenders… remember these glorious days of hockey?
Clarke probably started it all, but there he is, top left, innocently admiring his creation.
And these “Even More Gloriouser” days….
NHL has now licensed Beanie babies…
From the Grammar Police
STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 21
Green – in the Money
Blue – Vinny Tablers
Red – Bottom Feeders
The KHL’s 2017 Gagarin Cup playoffs began last week. Regular season champions SKA St. Petersburg released a hype video, and boy, is there a lot going on.
Nothing says Russian Hockey like a hockey glove-wearing rocker who has no need for a pick; 16 cymbal drummer still wearing his shoulder pads; Datsyuk firing off a cannon, and bullets hitting the floor. Only thing missing was vodka-soaked fans pelting the referees with turnips.
That’s it. Three weeks to go in Regular Season.
Posted on March 5, 2017, in Uncategorized and tagged anatomy of a trade, bob clarke, bobrovsky, bryzgalov, canucks, datsyuk, domi, flyers, goalie fights, greenway, khl, kucherov, mcleod, rangers, trade deadline, trail, zuccarello. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.