Week 23: Cordy Crowned Champ With One Week to Go!
Cordy: 2016-17 OFHL Champ!
There’s still a week to go in the regular season, but Cordy wrapped up his 10th OFHL Championship and first since 2011-12.
Cordy finally relinquishes his 3-year hold on The Derko Cup and will pass that down to Rolphy as The Big Rig has locked down 2nd spot.
There are still a few things to be decided this coming week. The battle for 3rd will be decided as Fulty sits just 2 points ahead of Derko.
T-Man (who had the top week with 50 points) will take the 5th money spot as with 79 points he can’t catch anyone or be caught. Pretty good for a guy who is managing his team from Thailand.
Here’s a refresher on the $ spots:
- 1st place $200,
- 2nd place $140,
- 3rd place $100,
- 4th place $60,
- 5th place $40
These five teams will also be in the playoffs together for the 5th round draft pick.
The Second Tier:
Looks like this level is set with Haukster, Vinny, EZ, and GoJo all solidly in the Lottery spots. There is a mathematical chance that Erty could be caught by a late-surging Stifler, but a lot of things would have to align for that to happen. This tier will playoff for a 4th round pick.
JBR jumped ahead of Orv this week as Orv’s parabolic season continues (and it’s a negative parabola)
Ren & Stimpy hold down the basement spot and will round out the bottom 4 who will playoff for the 3rd round pick in next year’s draft.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
JBR had a huge week with the help of 8 points from Talbot ED, but it was Marchand BO who helped JBR jump over ORV in the standings with a 9 point week
HOCKEY CARD OF THE WEEK
It’s been a rumor amongst NHL forwards that Nik Kronwall suffers from a severely odoriferous case of on-ice flatulence, brought on by his pre-game routine of raw broccoli, coffee, and crab cakes. He vehemently disputes it, but the truth is evident.
Ah, fart jokes. Always funny.
The Hockey News came out with their Future Watch 2017 last week. Here’s how each OFHL franchise rates:
|THN FUTURE WATCH|
|TOP 10||PLAYER||OFHL TEAM|
|5||Eriksson Ek MN||Vinny|
Ren & Stimpy have 3 of the Top 10 (drafted one, traded for the other 2.) Orv & Haukster also have reason to think things are looking up with 2 each in the Top 10.
Here’s a look at the number of Top 100 Prospects each team has, and how many Top 50 each has.
|Prospects in the Top 100||In the Top 50|
R&S have a stable full of prospects, while GoJo looks like he could use a solid draft; grab more Bjorkstrand’s and stay away from the Luongos and Sedins.
THE END IS NIGH
One week left, then playoffs:
- Playoffs will run for the last two weeks of the NHL season
- Teams will continue to submit weekly rosters for duration of the playoffs
- Total points for all playoff weeks used to determine playoff winners
- Playoffs will be tiered based on OFHL regular season final standings
- Tier one – all teams that finished in the money at the end of the regular season
- Tier two- those teams that finished out of the money but not in the bottom 4
- Tier three – the bottom 4 teams in regular season
The winners of each playoff tier will win the following
- Tier one – a draft pick at the end of the 5th round in the next year
- Tier two – a draft pick at the end of the 4th round in the next year
- Tier three – a draft pick at the end of the 3rd round in the next year
That’s it. Have a good week, and….