OFHL Regular $eason Ends; Playoffs Begin
REGULAR SEASON WRAP
- Season ends with Cordy taking the Championship with a 0.813 winning percentage; 2nd highest since his 0.827 16 years ago.
- Rolphy ended solidly in 2nd and gets to enjoy the Derko Cup all of next year. We expect to see it adorn one of the Horizons HVAC vans ripping around the Cariboo.
- With Cordy wrapping up the OFHL Championship last weekend, there was really only one race left to decide: the Third Place money.
- In the end, Fulty stretched his lead over Derko in the final week and grabbed 3rd spot and the extra $40.
- T-Man rounded out the 5th & final $ spot. It should be noted that T-Man finished ahead of Derko in player points. Just sayin’.
- EZ jumped 2 spots in the final week to grab top loser spot and the last lottery spot (which actually belongs to T-Man)
- Stifler bests JBR in the Battle of Expansion Cousins
- Orv finished 2nd last but that just means he will likely get a great lottery pick this yea… wait…what? He traded that pick to T-Man? Oh. Nevermind.
- A more detailed wrap-up of each GMs season will be released at year end.
|1. Cordy $200||72||58||13||1||117||29||843||35.1||0.813|
|2. Rolphy $140||72||53||16||3||109||32||786||32.8||0.757|
|3. Fulty $100||72||48||20||4||100||44||778||32.4||0.694|
|4. Derko $60||72||48||24||0||96||29||733||30.5||0.667|
|5. T-Man $40||72||41||28||3||85||34||735||30.6||0.590|
PLAYERS OF THE YEAR
Here are the leaders in each category:
Rookie: Matthews TO (Vinny) & Laine WPG (Stifler) 61 points
Vet: Zetterberg DT (Vinny) 62 pts
Forward: McDavid ED (Stifler) 88 pts
D-Man: Burns SJ (Rolphy) 99 pts
And for the 2nd year in a row…
Goal: Holtby WS (Rolphy) 100 pts
Holtby could have been a 3-peater if not for falling to Carey Price back in 2014-15
The Napkin Re-visited
It looked like the napkin would have some validity early in the season, but predicting the final standings of 14 teams seven months before the conclusion is tough work. While the prediction of finish within the top two tiers was relatively close, the bottom tier was almost perfect.
One thing is clear with this prediction business, time spent on the toilet is not directly proportional to your powers of prognostication.
LET THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN!
- Playoffs will run for the last two weeks of the NHL season
- Teams will continue to submit weekly rosters for duration of the playoffs
- Total points for all playoff weeks used to determine playoff winners
- Playoffs will be tiered based on OFHL regular season final standings
- Tier one – all teams that finished in the money at the end of the regular season – Cordy, Rolphy, Fulty, Derko, & T-Man
- Tier two- those teams that finished out of the money but not in the bottom 4 – eZ, Haukster, Vinny, GoJo, Erty
- Tier three – the bottom 4 teams in regular season – Stifler, JBR, Orv, Ren & Stimpy
The winners of each playoff tier will win the following
- Tier one – a draft pick at the end of the 5th round in the next year
- Tier two – a draft pick at the end of the 4th round in the next year
- Tier three – a draft pick at the end of the 3rd round in the next year
Turn your sound on to really enjoy this… or just imagine Vinny saying “Playoffs?” thirty times.