The Penultimate week coming up and here’s what we know…
- Cordy has the OFHL Championship wrapped up if:
- He wins or ties one game in the next 2 weeks
- Rolphy loses one game or ties one in the next 2 weeks
- For Rolphy to win:
- He has to go 6-0
- Cordy goes 0-6
- He makes up the 53 player points he is trailing…
- Race for 3rd: Fulty is 2 points up on Derko
- Race for 5th (the last $ spot): T-Man holds a 3 point lead over EZ; 4 over Vinny; 5 over Haukster
- EZ moves up another spot to sit 6th; 3 weeks ago he sat in 9th
- The Yakupov Deal (Swap of 1sts) between C (who has T-man’s 1st) & T (who got EZ’s from C) is heating up.
- Cordy had the big week with 45 points; also going 3-0 were Derko & EZ
- T-Man had the 3rd best week but went 1-2
- Orv had the 3rd worst week but went 2-1
- As of time of publishing this post, the last pick-up of the year hadn’t been made yet by JBR, but he acknowledged that he was going to grab Team Canada stalwart Taylor Raddysh of TBay
Here is a review of the year’s pick-ups (note: some have already been dropped…)
|11||JBR||C Brown TO|
PLAYER OF THE WEEK+
Cordy’s Malkin PT could have got the nod with his Gordie Howe hat-trick (if you want to call that a fight) but Erik Karlsson OT had 9 points for the POTW. Here are a few POTW beauties, some past, some present.
Fulty was scouting Benn way back when.
Kucherov was co-POTW last week. The guy is rolling right now. He can do no wrong.
Here is a refresher on the Playoff Rules (this is done even though I know one of you will text at the end of the 1st playoff week and ask if we are updating our rosters or just playing the same guys for 2 weeks….don’t be “that guy.”)
- Playoffs will run for the last two weeks of the NHL season
- Teams will continue to submit weekly rosters for duration of the playoffs
- Total points for all playoff weeks used to determine playoff winners
- Playoffs will be tiered based on OFHL regular season final standings
- Tier one – all teams that finished in the money at the end of the regular season
- Tier two– those teams that finished out of the money but not in the bottom 4
- Tier three – the bottom 4 teams in regular season
The winners of each playoff tier will win the following
- Tier one – a draft pick at the end of the 5th round in the next year
- Tier two – a draft pick at the end of the 4th round in the next year
- Tier three – a draft pick at the end of the 3rd round in the next year
Spring Break is coming. If you’re going skiing, be careful in the trees. This guy just skied between two trees — no wipe-out. His friends now call him “Lip Stick.”
Until next week…
Starting from the bottom, The Great Turtle Race was on this week.
Stifler uses his size to run JBR into the boards and claim the prize. But you can see him stop when he gets to the end as he thinks, “Did I really win?”
GoJo moved into 10th, passing Orv who falls to 11th. More importantly T-Mans ownership of Orv’s 1st rounder just added another ball to the lottery.
Haukster sits in 5th – last $ spot; Rolphy’s next – Derko’s 3rd.
Cordy and Fulty are tied with 107 points, but Fulty holds the tie-break as he’s got 26 player points more than C. This is a key week as they both play each other. Which leads to our poll question…
Tyson Barrie is on a rampage (who would have ever traded away this budding point producer, other than Derko & Cordy?) He’s got 59 OFHL points in 72 games. Eighth in OFHL D-Men scoring. Nice.
But the POTW for this week is shared between EZ’s O’Reilly and GoJo’s Dubnyk with 8 points each.
The NHL’s latest instalment of their Great Turtle Race was on display Thursday night. Mike Smith thought of revisiting his classic move from last year to bring “McDavidmania” to the desert.
History Lesson. The Canucks decided to channel the ghosts of Stanley Cups past on Thursday night to celebrate some other team’s Cup win 100 years ago. Everyone who watched that Cup win, or can even remember it, raise your hand…….. not so fast John Garrett! Another page was added to the gigantic tome entitled, “Celebrating Mediocrity: A History of the Vancouver Canucks” via twitter,
Even the Leafs got into it.
And then the Canucks lost to the Avs in the game, giving them a 0-3 record when they put on some other teams maroon jerseys. Colby Armstrong of Sportsnet had the best line at the 2nd intermission in explaining the color of the Canucks jerseys, “Maroon and Cement.”
And what’s with Hamhuis? He’s aging in dog years! Or is Duchene just that fast?
Sorry Rolphy, T-Man, Fulty, Erty, eZ. We know sensitive you are about these things, but at least you haven’t retired Gary Valk’s jersey. Yet.
One more. When this happens….
…this is what your Captain needs to do (even if it’s just a hugging contest.) This gif was called “Why the Lightning are headed to the Stanley Cup finals.” Optimistic? Maybe not.
Some guys get into it, some guys just talk. Check out this video of Mic’d up 10 years ago in the now defunct UHL. It’s 10 minutes+ and definitely NSFW, but the first minutes where Jason Ralph is chirpin’ the locked out NHLers Chelios and Hatcher is solid. Plus the comments on the girls national anthem made me LOL. Just sayin’.
So it’s a big week coming up for Cordy & Fulty. Here’s footage of their handshake prior to the week’s battle.
Have a great penultimate week everybody!