The Penultimate week coming up and here’s what we know…
- Cordy has the OFHL Championship wrapped up if:
- He wins or ties one game in the next 2 weeks
- Rolphy loses one game or ties one in the next 2 weeks
- For Rolphy to win:
- He has to go 6-0
- Cordy goes 0-6
- He makes up the 53 player points he is trailing…
- Race for 3rd: Fulty is 2 points up on Derko
- Race for 5th (the last $ spot): T-Man holds a 3 point lead over EZ; 4 over Vinny; 5 over Haukster
- EZ moves up another spot to sit 6th; 3 weeks ago he sat in 9th
- The Yakupov Deal (Swap of 1sts) between C (who has T-man’s 1st) & T (who got EZ’s from C) is heating up.
- Cordy had the big week with 45 points; also going 3-0 were Derko & EZ
- T-Man had the 3rd best week but went 1-2
- Orv had the 3rd worst week but went 2-1
- As of time of publishing this post, the last pick-up of the year hadn’t been made yet by JBR, but he acknowledged that he was going to grab Team Canada stalwart Taylor Raddysh of TBay
Here is a review of the year’s pick-ups (note: some have already been dropped…)
|11||JBR||C Brown TO|
PLAYER OF THE WEEK+
Cordy’s Malkin PT could have got the nod with his Gordie Howe hat-trick (if you want to call that a fight) but Erik Karlsson OT had 9 points for the POTW. Here are a few POTW beauties, some past, some present.
Fulty was scouting Benn way back when.
Kucherov was co-POTW last week. The guy is rolling right now. He can do no wrong.
Here is a refresher on the Playoff Rules (this is done even though I know one of you will text at the end of the 1st playoff week and ask if we are updating our rosters or just playing the same guys for 2 weeks….don’t be “that guy.”)
- Playoffs will run for the last two weeks of the NHL season
- Teams will continue to submit weekly rosters for duration of the playoffs
- Total points for all playoff weeks used to determine playoff winners
- Playoffs will be tiered based on OFHL regular season final standings
- Tier one – all teams that finished in the money at the end of the regular season
- Tier two– those teams that finished out of the money but not in the bottom 4
- Tier three – the bottom 4 teams in regular season
The winners of each playoff tier will win the following
- Tier one – a draft pick at the end of the 5th round in the next year
- Tier two – a draft pick at the end of the 4th round in the next year
- Tier three – a draft pick at the end of the 3rd round in the next year
Spring Break is coming. If you’re going skiing, be careful in the trees. This guy just skied between two trees — no wipe-out. His friends now call him “Lip Stick.”
Until next week…
La La Land wins? Or is it Moonlight? Who cares! Just give it to “Slap Shot” every year!
Anyways, get ramped up for the Week 20 Wrap-up with the Hanson’s debut.
THE WEEKLY RANT or THE WEEK IN BULLETS
- Big week for Stifler & Fulty with 34, but they played each other so neither goes 3-0
- 3-0 weeks go to EZ & Rolphy
- Rolphy picks up 5 points on Cordy and sits just 5 points behind with 4 weeks to go… looking to be a great finish.
- Rolphy also pulls 11 points clear of 3rd place.
- Movers: Fulty, EZ, & Orv all jump up one spot in the standings this week
- Cordy’s one tie was the fewest points he’s had in any week this year.
- Fulty was the hottest team in Feb. going 10-1-1
- T-Man & Vinny are battling for the last money spot
- The week 19 pick-up went to R&S and they grabbed ‘yotes 2015 2nd rounder Christian Fischer who is lighting it up in the AHL this year
- The week 20 pick up is between R&S 123, JBR 45, and Orv 6….. and a “6” is rolled so ORV gets a pick. Next week will be the last pick-up.
- OFHL Trading Deadline is Sunday, March 5th, midnight.
The Remaining Sked
|21||F.27-M.5||J Z &||& J D||S V C||V H S||Z O J||H E V||O G H||E T Z||G R E||T F O||R D G||F C T||D & R||C S F|
|22||M.6-12||G E R||H T G||O R T||T D F||R C D||F & C||J F V||D S &||C J S||& V J||S Z E||E H Z||V O H||Z G O|
|23||M.13-19||T O H||O Z V||G H Z||E G O||F E G||D R T||R T S||C F R||& D F||S C D||J & C||V S &||Z J E||H V J|
|24||M.20-26||V S C||S E F||J & E||Z J &||H V S||O Z J||& C D||G H V||T O Z||R G H||F T O||D R G||C F T||E D R|
|M.27-A.9||PLAYOFFS LAST 2 WEEKS OF NHL SEASON|
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
EZ got over half his points from two guys, as Josi NS & Toews CH each registered 9 points. No goalies in the running this week, but here’s a look back at Jacques Plante, the pioneer of the mask, as a young Hab, and in his final season of pro.
Fox cancelled their show, so are these guys coming back to TSN?
ALT-NEWS? FAKE NEWS?
from the ertyfiles
WEEK 20 STANDINGS
Take heart Canucks fans, There’s a chance you could get the 1st pick in June’s NHL Draft. Erty said the mumps issue has been trending on twitter with #swollenfornolan
It was a special evening for Colin Chaulk inside Fort Wayne’s Memorial Coliseum Saturday night. The longtime member of the minor league Komets was having his number retired by the franchise during a pre-game ceremony. But there was a slight issue before the banner featuring his No. 91 was raised to the arena rafters.
It was unveiled upside down.
Apparently, arena workers who prepared the banner were to blame, leading to an embarrassing few moments during the ceremony. But the most unbelievable part was that no one felt the need to stop and fix it. Instead, the banner went up, up and up upside down.
That’s a wrap. See ya next week.