The Penultimate week coming up and here’s what we know…
- Cordy has the OFHL Championship wrapped up if:
- He wins or ties one game in the next 2 weeks
- Rolphy loses one game or ties one in the next 2 weeks
- For Rolphy to win:
- He has to go 6-0
- Cordy goes 0-6
- He makes up the 53 player points he is trailing…
- Race for 3rd: Fulty is 2 points up on Derko
- Race for 5th (the last $ spot): T-Man holds a 3 point lead over EZ; 4 over Vinny; 5 over Haukster
- EZ moves up another spot to sit 6th; 3 weeks ago he sat in 9th
- The Yakupov Deal (Swap of 1sts) between C (who has T-man’s 1st) & T (who got EZ’s from C) is heating up.
- Cordy had the big week with 45 points; also going 3-0 were Derko & EZ
- T-Man had the 3rd best week but went 1-2
- Orv had the 3rd worst week but went 2-1
- As of time of publishing this post, the last pick-up of the year hadn’t been made yet by JBR, but he acknowledged that he was going to grab Team Canada stalwart Taylor Raddysh of TBay
Here is a review of the year’s pick-ups (note: some have already been dropped…)
|11||JBR||C Brown TO|
PLAYER OF THE WEEK+
Cordy’s Malkin PT could have got the nod with his Gordie Howe hat-trick (if you want to call that a fight) but Erik Karlsson OT had 9 points for the POTW. Here are a few POTW beauties, some past, some present.
Fulty was scouting Benn way back when.
Kucherov was co-POTW last week. The guy is rolling right now. He can do no wrong.
Here is a refresher on the Playoff Rules (this is done even though I know one of you will text at the end of the 1st playoff week and ask if we are updating our rosters or just playing the same guys for 2 weeks….don’t be “that guy.”)
- Playoffs will run for the last two weeks of the NHL season
- Teams will continue to submit weekly rosters for duration of the playoffs
- Total points for all playoff weeks used to determine playoff winners
- Playoffs will be tiered based on OFHL regular season final standings
- Tier one – all teams that finished in the money at the end of the regular season
- Tier two– those teams that finished out of the money but not in the bottom 4
- Tier three – the bottom 4 teams in regular season
The winners of each playoff tier will win the following
- Tier one – a draft pick at the end of the 5th round in the next year
- Tier two – a draft pick at the end of the 4th round in the next year
- Tier three – a draft pick at the end of the 3rd round in the next year
Spring Break is coming. If you’re going skiing, be careful in the trees. This guy just skied between two trees — no wipe-out. His friends now call him “Lip Stick.”
Until next week…
The week 5 pick-up went EZ who used it to pick up ex-Canadian Prime Minister, Paul Martin of the Penguins. Interesting to note as Martin becomes a vet next week, but it doesn’t really matter since he got injured on Saturday night and is out for the season. Just kidding EZ, sounds like he will be fully recovered in time for the playoffs. The week 6 pick-up goes to Stoos who can scour the midget provincial teams rosters for the next up-and-comer.
Trade: T-man trades his 2012 3rd rounder to Derko for Elias, the pickup, and Khabibulin. T-Man picks up Carl Hagelin NYR, drops Bolland CH.
Derko wins because he trades spare parts for a 3rd next year. T-Man loses as he has 4 injured players and only got 3. The other GMs win as T-Man won’t be drafting til round 5 next year at the draft so he can start washing the dishes.
Week 13 marks the halfway point of the season and there’s still no one who can hold the lead. Dinky sits in first this week (and has been in first after weeks 3, 8, & 11) but the top 4 are all within a 3-0 week of being on top. Actually, EZ sits in 8th, but rockin’ 3 perfect weeks in a row could put him right up there.
What happened this week:
- GoJo hits a 50 point week (they added a late assist to a d-man)
- T-Man has great week with 4 guys injured
- Cordy drops 4 places
- EZ left his team for a scouting trip to the WJC; they underperformed in his absence
- Dinky & T-Man are the hottest teams going into the new year
- Pick-up goes to a lottery again and a “6” is rolled. Haukster gets this week’s p/up
- Derko traded the week 12 p/up to T-Man who picked up Hagelin NYR
Also, check the contacts list as it needs to be updated (don’t have Erty’s ph#, Derko hasn’t paid etc….)
Enjoy the rest of the WJC!
The Trade: EZ trades Marc Staal (NYR) and Orv’s 6th Round Pick in 2012 to Team Rolphy for Rolphy’s Pickup for Week 8.
EZ wins as he gets rid of a concussion and gains a potential concussion.
Rolphy wins not just because he pried a Dutchman away from a Dutchman, but because he gets that always cherished 6th rounder. Could be another Lucic, Byfuglien, or Tlusty.